Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh good Lord, Give me patience

July 28, 2009

I just got the call from the endocrinologist office and my thyroid biopsy for the two nodules is scheduled for August 12. Are you kidding me??? I have become pretty laid back and go with the flow, especially with moving to the beach. But this is absolutely ridiculous. It's like putting a wet cat into a paper bag, shaking it, then telling the cat to 'stay'. They said I had to wait 5 days anyway because the cardiologist has me on aspirin and I have to stop it 5 before they stick me with the biopsy needles. But I learned my math well and if I don't take the aspirin starting tomorrow, that puts me at Thursday.

I feel pretty decent today and walked down to the beach and back while looking more my age than the last time. Earlier this week it was like 'look at the 100 year-old. good for her!' I hope I continue to feel well while Mom is here. I'd love to pick out paint for our bedroom and at least dream I get to paint it soon. I'd rather spend time enjoying our time together than spending more time in the hospital getting to know the personal details of my roommates.

Also found out that my uncle's daughter has lots of thyroid problems, so maybe the general doc should have listened when I kept telling them my uncle had thyroid cancer and we have thyroid problems on my Dad's mom's side of the family, scattered all over. But that would require it not to be stress or depression. I digress and it's actually been a good day so I'll sign off now and get ready to enjoy a tasty steak...since it's not my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment