Friday, July 31, 2009

Feel better today.

July 28, 2009

Finally feel a little better today. Kelli talked me into going out to lunch since I was a little more bright eyed this morning and I enjoyed myself. Nice being out of the house. After lunch, I didn’t feel up to walking into Kohl’s and decided to rest in the car while Kelli dropped off my bill. Got plenty of time to do that as she decided to try on shoes and a shirt. At least she left the car running and the shoes and shirt really are cute.

The cardiologist decided they weren’t that worried with the low heart ejection rate since the heart looked great when they went in to look at it, but they are concerned about the PSVT, which is a type of tachycardia, which is a long word for rapid heart beat and arrhythmia. It generally isn’t life limiting unless you have another heart condition, but when it happens it feels like a major panic attack and can eventually cause heart failure in some people. Since my ejection fraction is already low, they are trying to control it. I appreciate that since I feel like I’m at the end every time it happens. At this point they don’t know if it’s related to the other stuff or not. But at least I know why my heart feels like it’s trying to jump into the next county when it happens. Two answers down, one to go.

I’m going to the neurologist and endocrinologist on Thursday. I’m hoping the endocrinologist has some answers since the prednisone he gave me is working ( I can feel it work within about half an hour each morning and evening so something is going on). Kelli jokes that I should go to see an ornithologist or botanist, too, since I have so many ologists working on this, but unless I grow wings or leaves it probably won’t do much good. I feel like the heart and other stuff are going hand in hand, but I’m only a biologist and am not qualified to say anything other than ‘ouch, quit it’ and ‘please, may I have another blood draw’.

I’ll update when I know more later this week. Keep the prayers coming because the answers we are looking for are starting to come in and when they come in it’s for stuff I can happily deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment