Friday, July 31, 2009

In the beginning...

July 20, 2009

I am writing to ask for lots of prayers in the upcoming week(s). I’ve been having a lot of trouble with shortness of breath and chest pains and a whole range of other things over the last month. It’s been bad enough I’ve been on the couch for over four weeks with few exceptions. Four doctors/nurses have told me it was related to stress or muscle cramps (it must be because I’m female, 39, and healthy right). Well, I just got the call this morning from the cardiologist’s office (never good to receive a call before 8:30 on a Monday morning from the doctor’s office) and they want to perform a cardiac catherization due to an abnormal result of my ekg during a stress test. They think it may be a blockage and will be calling me soon to schedule this. I’m still holding out that it’s my thyroid causing all this, but for the time being they are looking at my heart. The stress test went miserably unwell, which was good for the fact that the nurses performing the test were finally able to see what I was telling them about in how my body reacts to any exertion. They pulled me off the treadmill a minute into the exertion part and finished it with the drug equivalent. Not pleasant but they did give me cheese crackers when I was done.

I would appreciate it if everyone would send up prayers that the test will go well and they find a healthy heart when they perform the procedure. I’m only 39 and am working on my mantra of ‘40, fit, and fabulous’ for my birthday in September. With all the couch sitting I’ll drop the fit part for now, but I think 40 and fabulous would work for me, too J

No comments:

Post a Comment