Friday, January 15, 2010

Preliminary good news

January 15, 2010

I had my thyroid scan done this morning. The test was over quickly so I didn't have to lay there quiet for long. The techs were chatty and so nice so it was a good morning.

While they wouldn't discuss anything with me (as required by law), they did let me see the scans. I saw 3 hot spots on the screen (I believe) and am thrilled. The hot spots would be overactive thyroid tissue and would mean no surgery. Dr. Ley had mentioned that we would test my thyroid every year if they were hot spots. I went online and did some research and it does make sense. My levels are going more towards hyperthyroidism over the last 10 years, and have had two doctors tell me I was borderline hyperthyroid on two occassions over the last 1 1/2 years, but then my levels would bounce back a tad and just be normal high instead of borderline.

So what I'm hoping to hear next week is that we'll watch my thyroid every year and expect that I may need additional treatment for hyperthyroidism at some point, but that the cancer scare is behind us for now. That would be the best news ever...well, except that I can eat whatever I want again. THAT would tie for the best news ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment