Saturday, January 23, 2010

Great official news

January 19, 2010

Dr. Ley called this morning and let me know that the thyroid scan came back showing that the nodules are just hot spots. This was a huge relief. He said that they are so small that it would probably be 20 years before they were big enough to cause me any physical problems, if they didn't self destruct in the meantime. Dr. Ley said said that they may cause me to go into hyperthyroidism so I need to have my thyroid tsh, t3, and t4 tested every year.

The hot spots would explain why my thyroid levels have gradually moved from mid-range into borderline hyperthyroid. My tsh is now very low in the normal range and my t4 is very high in the normal range. I've had both a cardiologist and my former regular doctor of internal medicine tell me that I was borderline hyperthyroid in the last year. I'll just watch them every year during my annual physical. That's something I can easily live with.

Now...onto the endoscopy tomorrow. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment